Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cop Changes Report on day of Arraignment ? Is This Allowed?

I was arrested for DUI and began the investigation myself early. I went and picked up a copy of my police report from the station. I was extremely tired after being awake for 16 hours i must admit i should have went straight hom but decided to go grab a bite to eat and a glass of wine. A cheeseburger fries and glass of wine around midnight. My cousin and I talked for a while and ended up leaving at 3am. I took her home and went on my way. I accidently collided with a car side by side. I honestly didnt feel a thing just thought we came close the damages are paint scratches. I was waiting at the red light when I was hit from behind. Its a one way street and its really dark. I immediately get out to inspect the car. No damges at all. The guy starts yelling and cursing at me so i say ok let's exchnage insurance info. A cop comes and we explain to him what happened. He then decides to perform a test on me. He flashed a light in my face and told me to follow the pen and I did without moving my head. He immediately put me in cuffs. After an accident they take me to the hospital to sleep. I wasn't finger printed until the am when they released me. They gave me my license back NO notice of suspension and told me they parked my car where I was on the 1 way street. I checked the DMV I am not suspended and I have already went to my arraignment.It's been 30 days They read my charges which were DUI and Leaving After Colliding. They asked for evidence and prosecutor said Refusal. How can this be when in the 1st report its says I consented to a urine which was secured as evidence. Now they are saying refused. I have never been in trouble in my entire life. I am guilty of the accident and I have insurance to cover her minor damages. no one was hurt at all. But I will not say I am guilty of DUI not knowing my BAC levels because a cop lost them. I was looking forward to my test results 30 days later he says I didnt do a test

No comments:

Post a Comment