Saturday, August 6, 2011

Resisting without violence and theft, what is going to happen?

Unbelievable! I still cannot believe this happened to me! I have never gotten in any trouble in my whole life! Yesterday I worked 7am til 3pm, then went home really fast to feed my cats and had to be at my second job at 4pm, which is 11 blocks from house. I was going to walk but then time was closing in so I took a cab like I have had numerous times before, and the fare is always 6 bucks. Well, this particular cab driver refused to drop me off where I needed to be dropped off and have always been dropped off, he didn't want to cross the busy street with and drop me off in front of the hotel, he was a total jerk, told to "get out now over here", I am not going across the street, he was obnoxious, rude and disgustingly refusing to do his job, I couldn't believe this guy, so I got really pissed and got out of the cab without paying him, it was an impulse, then he said "I am gonna call the cops", I didn't think he would, for 6 dollars!!!! Well, I got inside the hotel, where I work in the front desk, and went to the lobby bathroom and locked the door, I heard him come in and my coworker called me and said the cops were coming for me to lock the door and turn the light off. The cops came started asking questions and started to pry knock on the door and try to pry the door open and finally got it open and then immediately arrested me. I was stunned, he said he arrested me because I hid, if I had waited in the lobby he would just have me pay the fare and that's it. After all the ordeal, my hands are so bruised from those handcuffs, they hurt a lot!!!!! So, after the cop took me to the county jail, I read in the report that the jerk said the fare was 30 dollars!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! I was charged with theft and resisting without violence, the cop said he is not going to show up in court and that the cab driver probably won't either, and that I am not going to jail. I just have to wait something in the mail with a court date. I have never been arrested before and am petrified, I know I was impulsive and should have paid the fare, but that guy really got on my nerves. I just wanted to know what will happen, what am I gonna have to do, I also go to school for criminal justice and was planning on being a probation officer, which right now doesn't appeal to me the least, this experience made me feel repulsive towards the PD, and I am not sure I want to work in this field anymore, but I sure do not want a record regardless of my career choice. I am so sad...... my arms so sore.... : ( I am a 33 year old female from Brazil (US citizen) and this happened in Miami, FL, and it's a misdemeanor. Answers will be greatly appreciated so I can relax and not be so stressed out over this. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment